PassPort is a password manager for plugin LabTech that leverages several applications to query Windows systems for passwords saved in Web Browsers, Instant Messengers, Network (VPN) and Dialup accounts and local email accounts and imports the information back into the LabTech database. You can then access this information inside of LabTech under the computer console on each PC.
Version 1.0.1 now available for download
We leverage several apps from Nirsoft to collect the password information and include up to date versions with our zip file download. Nirsoft tools can be found here at http://www.nirsoft.net/
We use MailPassView:
Mail PassView is a small password-recovery tool that reveals the passwords and other account details for the following email clients:
- Outlook Express
- Microsoft Outlook 2000 (POP3 and SMTP Accounts only)
- Microsoft Outlook 2002/2003/2007/2010/2013 (POP3, IMAP, HTTP and SMTP Accounts)
- Windows Mail
- Windows Live Mail
- Netscape 6.x/7.x (If the password is not encrypted with master password)
- Mozilla Thunderbird (If the password is not encrypted with master password)
- Group Mail Free
- Yahoo! Mail – If the password is saved in Yahoo! Messenger application.
- Hotmail/MSN mail – If the password is saved in MSN/Windows/Live Messenger application.
- Gmail – If the password is saved by Gmail Notifier application, Google Desktop, or by Google Talk.
We use WebBrowserPassView:
WebBrowserPassView is a password recovery tool that reveals the passwords stored by the following Web browsers: Internet Explorer (Version 4.0 – 11.0), Mozilla Firefox (All Versions), Google Chrome, Safari, and Opera. This tool can be used to recover your lost/forgotten password of any Website, including popular Web sites, like Facebook, Yahoo, Google, and GMail, as long as the password is stored by your Web Browser.
- This utility works on any version of Windows, starting from Windows 2000, and up to Windows 8, including 64-bit systems. Older versions of Windows (Windows 98/ME) are not supported, because this utility is a Unicode application.
- Currently, WebBrowserPassView cannot retrieve the passwords if they are encrypted with a master password. Support for master password will probably be added in future versions.
- Currently, WebBrowserPassView cannot retrieve passwords from external hard-drive. Support for that might be added in future versions.
- On Internet Explorer 7.0-9.0, the passwords are encrypted with the URL of the Web site, so WebBrowserPassView uses the history file of Internet Explorer to decrypt the passwords. If you clear the history of Internet Explorer, WebBrowserPassView won’t be able to decrypt the passwords.
- On Google Chrome – passwords originally imported from Internet Explorer 7.0-9.0, cannot be decrypted.
We use DialupPassView:
This utility enumerates all dialup/VPN entries on your computers, and displays their logon details: User Name, Password, and Domain. You can use it to recover a lost password of your Internet connection or VPN. This utility works under Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003/2008, Windows Vista, and Windows 7. The passwords are revealed only if you log on to the computer with administrator privileges.
We use MessenPass:
MessenPass is a password recovery tool that reveals the passwords of the following instant messenger applications:
- MSN Messenger
- Windows Messenger (In Windows XP)
- Windows Live Messenger (In Windows XP/Vista/7)
- Yahoo Messenger (Versions 5.x and 6.x)
- Google Talk
- ICQ Lite 4.x/5.x/2003
- AOL Instant Messenger v4.6 or below, AIM 6.x, and AIM Pro.
- Trillian Astra
- MySpace IM
MessenPass can only be used to recover the passwords for the current logged-on user on your local computer, and it only works if you chose the remember your password in one of the above programs. You cannot use this utility for grabbing the passwords of other users.